Friday, October 12, 2012

Superman Once Again Comes Through

I am living in a bit of a comedy. What else can happen? But that is what keeps life interesting. My main car is a bike, (although admittedly I have been able to borrow the van for a few days), we have no TV at our house, (started out as a way to save money...now there is no way we want it)
No cell phone..get where my life is going? Well, my hand me down washer stopped working a while ago. M and K were living with us and let us use theirs.....they moved last week. So there was a hole where the washing machine should be. My attitude is that we will just do what needs to be done. I planned to visit the laundermat weekly until we figured something out. Talk about sticker shock. It costs $2.50 to wash a load of clothes. That is washing only- no dryer! But I was still willing to do that. I realized that I would probably get stuck hand washing underwear some days, because the car situation is not always optimum. Superman rolled  up his sleeves and figured out what the problem was with the washer. He is finishing up the repair job this morning. I am very happy, because even though I was willing to visit the laundermat and save for a new washer...I really loved that hand me down washer. The best washer we have ever had. I am looking forward to seeing my old friend shortly. I know the boys are looking forward to getting clean clothes in a timely manner even though they forget to donate the dirties to the hamper regularly .
Thank you to my 'friend' superman.

No comments: