Sunday, October 28, 2012

Loving

I have always wanted to develop a Christ-like love for others. I have seen my deficencies. Today as a young returned missionary spoke of the Holy Ghost, a sentence he spoke gave my heart little hug. He spoke of how as we read the scriptures (and I will insert the modern news here) and we think of people that listened to the wrong spirit as they made choices that if we hurt for them instead of wishing them hard consequences that we love them. Those are not his exact wrds, but those are the meaning that the Spirit spoke to me. I always feel that pain. When I hear of someone who hurts someone else either on purpose or accidently, I hurt for thme. I wish they didn't have to feel that pain, that their loved ones didn't have to have pain and that whatever consequences they have will be easier to bear, especially as they turn to the Savior. I know that is a little thing and that I have many quirks to mend in my personality and in my soul, but it is kind of nice to have a spiritual confirmation that sometimes I am doing things right. We learned in Relief Society about having Gratitude to our Heavenly Father. One point was made that the only thing we take from this life (and the things on which we will judged) is our attributes that we develop here on earth. I hope that I am showing my gratitude to our Father  by the way I live. He has given me everything. Maybe my soul's bank account is growing a little more each day. I hope to be humble, wise, quick to see the needs around me, more perfect in keeping the commandments, but I am glad that I am learning how to love my heavenly brothers and sisters.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Becky you are such a good teacher. I am confident that your souls bank account is plentiful... you are so good. Thanks for always being an example to me. Love you.

Marinda said...

I'm glad you shared this insight. I really struggle to connect with people and I want to serve them and love them and this is a great tip for loving people because it is easy to just think "They made their choice, they deserve the consequences." Thanks for changing my perspective.