Sunday, October 14, 2012

Explaining Sacred Treasures

This morning, we took two of our grandchildren to church. A very  new experience for them.  I loved sharing with them the sacrament. As I was explaining that we are promising Jesus that we will try our hardest to be kind and follow Him as we take the Sacrament, Cory told me that Jesus died on the cross. I confirmed that was true, but was able to tell him that the Savior is alive, that He was resurrected and that I love to promise Him that I will try. I think they understood and felt good feelings there. It kind of went down hill during Primary. It was so foreign to them. I tried to get them to give it a chance but they were pretty scared. When the entire Primary sang to them and waved 'Hello', it freaked them out. Their teachers were wonderful. I felt the love of these two beautiful women and appreciated their efforts. I feel so bad that these little ones have never felt the love of a Primary teacher. I will try again, but I am not sure how to teach these little ones the joy of following the Savior. I wish I could have taught their father the same thing. It wasn't as easy as I thought. I love my Savior. Knowing Him makes me happy. How do I share that? I am trying to live it and say it. I am still praying for wisdom and the right words.

No comments: