Saturday, October 6, 2012

Describe the Smell of Grapes

Okay so describe the smell of grapes. I can't but I love it. I am making grape juice right now and the smell is incredible. It is just grape. I am 'grapeful' to my friend Marci for letting me have her grapes. We also spent the morning making apple juice with our adorable neice, Mindy, and  her also adorable family. It was so fun. She shared some hazel nuts from her yard...yummy. Ethan helped me crack some and reminded me of a squirrel because he was enjoying the nuts so. I hope to get a hazelnut start from Mindy next year.
   Yesterday as I was riding my bike home from District meetings, I rode slow. I had such poetic phrases in my mind. I noticed the red and orange freckle face mountains. They smiled at me and I smiled at them. There were redwinged blackbirds meeting and flying like ripples in a river. I felt wind hugs and sun kisses all the way home. It was great....I just remembered that I didn't get a ride today. Yikes!
  So I am spending the days, getting everything' safely gathered in'. I am mindful that I have sweet children and grandchildren that I need to safely gather in also. It seems like that task is a little more daunting. I think the spiritual winter storms are about ready to begin. 
  Now I need to decide if the tomatoes are worth trying to save tonight....I think so. I am just not ready to give them up yet!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

The smell of September grapes is one of my favorites in the whole world. I used to love walking on that street by the Merediths' home. It smelled incredible and always made me feel happy. :)