Thursday, November 10, 2011

Water Baby

I am grateful for hot water...no not the kind that I get into all the time. I am grateful that on a day when I feel bruised and exhausted, that I can feel warm water on my skin and let my body and spirit relax. It doesn't cost very much. It isn't an appetite that I need to control. It is just peaceful. I especially love to treat myself with sweet smelling bubbles on a hard day. I am blessed to be able to turn a knob and get any temperature water I need to clean, cook or relax. My ancestors didn't have this luxury. How many times do I take this for granted? I know that I am sad when someone else has drained the tank and I have to wait or clean myself in tepid water. Wow! How neat to live today.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I agree.

Paula said...

After 16 months of cold showers and doing my laundry on a cement slab with cold water in Colombia I vowed to never take hot water and washing machines for granted!