Sunday, November 13, 2011

Not plain old children

I am very grateful for my children...they will be praised later. Today I celebrate and give gratitude for the 'grand' little people in my life.
My grand children are such treasures. Sometimes the world beats up on me. Sometimes my children and husband let me know that I am not perfect. A lot of times I beat up on myself. I notice all things that I do that are not cool or focus on the areas where I am deficient. But not when my grandchildren are around. They look at me with perfect eyes. They love me because I am me. They don't see my imperfect body or lack of wisdom in all matters. So here's to you my precious ones.
Cory- always has a hug for me. Keeps the music alive in me. Let me practice being a grandma for the very first time with him.
Alaina- Let me witness her birth. Bonded with me instantly. Didn't care if I was fat. Calls me to chat.
Isabelle- loves to be a girl with me. I love to hold her hand. Smile melts my heart.
Ethan- tells me I am one of his best friends. Says 'Grandma' so cute. Loves to be with me. Makes buying super hero costumes so fun!
Colton-one of my favorite sounds is 'Hello grandma'. Sings with such gusto that I know he is mine. Keeps me on 'track'. Makes me laugh.
Liam- toddles over to me and wants to be held. Feels so good in my arms. Love his walk. Love his laugh
Tucker- when he smiles for me, I feel the secret communication of 'you're the best'. Strong and smart. I can feel how great his hugs are going to be.
Emma- Even though miles seperate us I love her with all my heart. Love her smile, eyes, hair...just everything. I love her cuddles. I can see what a personality she has already.
I love them all with all my heart...what am I doing with all that heart missing? Feeling blessed!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

This is a great post mom. We sure are lucky to have such sweet kids in our family.

I often wonder how plain old me got such great girls too!

:)

Bonnie and Jim said...

They are so precious. I hate those grandma times to ever end.
You are a good grandma! And a good mother no matter what you may think.