Sunday, November 6, 2011

Parents

I am so grateful for my parents. I have the greatest Mom and Dad. I was horrified to discover that I still need to run crying to the arms of my parents at the age of 53. But they are amazing and welcome me with their shoulders and faith. They did a fantastic job of raising me. I don't always choose the actions that will make them proud of me, but they hang in there loving me. I never tell them that I am grateful for them. Nor do I tell them that I love them enough. I think Heavenly Father is pretty smart giving us parents.
I am doubly blessed because my sweetheart's parents are pretty terrific also. Do you think I will grow up someday and be self reliant enough to not need my parents?

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I don't think we'll ever stop needing our parents... and hopefully our children won't stop needing us.

Grandma Hulse said...

You have no idea how much love and comfort you give US. I don't wish you any misfortunes, but if they come, let us love and take away all the pain we can! We love you soooooomuch! You're a blessing!