Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Putting In My Five Sense Worth

As I age and the senses dull a tad, I am grateful for the chance to enjoy them as much as I have.
Sight- I love to look at grand children faces, children faces, Steve face (just one). I look at the treasures that my parents have crafted. I adore looking at nature in all it's variety and splendor. I love to watch lightning streak across a darkened sky. I love to watch snow falling and painting the world white. I love to look at colors. I love to see the rose gold of the world at sunset. I love to read all kinds of books.I love to look at music notation. There is so much to see and I have been blessed to fill my mind with the sights my eyes have beheld.
Sound-I hear the notes of happiness. I hear bird's songs. I hear my children make music and sometimes a racket! I hear Steve as he loves me and blesses me. I hear my grandchildren's voices. I hear wind, thunder and rain. I hear the words of prophets. All for my growth.
Taste- I have tasted a sweet apple. I have tasted good meats. I have tasted candy and fresh bakes goods. I taste cheese and bread. I taste snowflakes on my tongue. It would be so boring if we had to eat without flavor. Think about it. We could survive without taste, but Heavenly Father gave us taste.
Smell- I have smelled each of my babies freshly washed with baby lotion on them. I have smelled my husband on Sundays with his manly smell. I smell roses, lilacs and all kinds of flowers. I smell pies baking or bread. I get to smell the ocean or a brand new rain storm. I can smell the wind in my sheets as I dry them on the line.
Touch- I am starting to get neuropathy. I can't always feel my feet. It is a weird undesireable feeling. I am so glad that I can touch. It keeps me safe. I love to feel hugs and kisses and my favorite- someone playing with my hair, putting make up on me or giving me a foot rub. I love the feel of the breeze coming in my window on a mild evening.

1 comment:

Grandma Hulse said...

I contemplated my own wonderful senses as I read about yours. When you were born we took for granted that you would be richly blessed with the good, beautiful, and delicious things in life. You certainly have been. Now I cannot help think of those who do not have all their faculties and pray for them. I'm glad you posted that.
Life is good. I love you!