Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fruit of my Loins

I have been told that I brag about my children. I am sorry if that offends people. I am not trying to be prideful and uppity, but I have been blessed with fantastic children. Each one of them has different and unique personalities. With that many different personalities, odds are that at least one of them would be a stinker. I have been told through the scriptures that the worth of souls is great. So using the word 'great; in that context, my children are great. They show me their divine qualities daily.
If I may be grateful for their strengths this day:
Stephanie: Strong and smart. Knows how to solve a problem and many times has helped me out of sticky situations. She is loving, talented and beautiful. She remains calm when I am not so calm. (Hey this is going to be hard to condense all their talents into a short paragraph!)
Jeremiah: Helpful to anyone that need his help. Determined. A fantastic father. His great heart is a comfort to me. As an example, he was so good to help us in the yard this spring while Steve was recooperating.
Marinda: always thinking of ways to help people out. (my children are very service oriented, which I am not. I am pretty self centered. I have no idea why they are so serving....they came that way?) Creative and talented. What a mother. She is loving to all. She also has a talent for making me laugh. I really need that at times. Beautiful.
Morgan: Confident. Talented (just like the rest). When I need pampering, she is right there. Again she loves to serve others. ( I am thinking that I need to change my ways and follow the example of my children). Smart. Business kind of smart. A fantastic mother also. Strong in testimony. Beautiful.
Lacey June: Smart (again!), Talented. Thoughtful. A fantastic wife (I already know she will be a great mother, but she isn't there yet) Forgiving and patient. Great at helping me relax with her pampering also. (Too far away now) meek. I think Lacey is one of those that 'will inherit the earth'. Beautiful
Hayden: Talented. Strong. a leader. Great at finding lumpy tense muscles. Only person that will sing with me lately. He gives me the music is life which I need almost as much as oxygen.
Carter; Steady. Helpful, makes me laugh. He does his chores consistently so I feel like I am not in the housework alone. A leader. A great friend. Steadly improving himself and becoming a great man. He is strong and silent when it is needed, but jumps in to help when the time is right. He is a very forgiving person. He also brings adventure to me life.
I sometimes wonder if I have to struggle financially because I am so blessed with the amazing children I have. I love them!

3 comments:

Lilian said...

Brag away!!! You are their mom and you love them! They are GREAT kids/adults too!!

Lesley said...

Becky: Devoted wife, mother and grandmother, loyal friend, follower of the Savior, humble, cheerful, kind, funny, teacher, obedient; much, much more including.... service!!

Grandma Hulse said...

Remember, the Book of Mormon says that a corrupt fountain cannot bring forth sweet water. Neither can a good tree bring forth bitter fruit. Face it, you're a good tree!