Friday, November 18, 2011

Sisters

I am so grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me with siblings. I truly love them with all heart. I even have a little brother that takes care of me like a little sister...but more on him later.
I only have one sister. I am so blessed that it is Debi. If I only get one, she is the best.
We were crazy little girls. We were lucky to have the entire third floor of the house to ourselves. We had slopping ceilings and ballerina wallpaper. In the winter we slept in a big feather bed. Sometimes we had to share our bed with a very large boxer dog named Bruno. (Now there are some stories) I especially loved when we played make believe games. We would dress the cat in a white dress and 'bless' it. We played with Barbie. I had a Midge doll. (Remember what Bruno did to our dolls?) We had some old 78 records of Oklahoma. We would play them and sing for hours. I think I loved Old Judd is Daid the most.
My sister has always taken care of me. Through those fun little girl years and now that I am old. I love to share my children and grandchildren with her. I love her beautiful children. (Yes, Rob, I love you too)
she is thoughtful, creative, smart, talented and extremely entertaining. I loved having her hang out with me and my friends... I still love it!
Thank you my sweet sister. You have given me a model in my life!

3 comments:

Aunti-Irish said...

I am not a great sister, but I love being yours! Remember sleep walking? sleeping by the sliding glass door with blankets we could throw over the heater vent? I remember tickling arms, and baking cookies to sell, and rallying toilet paper parties. I wish I could ease your stress, you have too much to bear, but know I think of you all the time.

Stephanie said...

I hope my girls have fun sister stories like you two have. I've always known how much you loved each other. :)

Grandma Hulse said...

You are both wonderful angels. I was never as close to my sisters as you two are. I marvel that our Father in Heaven loved your Dad and me enough to bless us with such loving, helpful and outstanding daughters as you two cute things.