Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Priesthood

I am so grateful that the priesthood is on the earth and that it is available to me. I am taking a very important test this afternoon. So important that if I can't pass with at least 70%...I will no longer be able to work at Meadowbrook Elementary. I only get two chances to take this test. (I really need to pass it the first time!) I am feeling very inadequate and extremely nervous. So nervous that I am exhibiting signs of stress. (I leave 'things' places....piles of papers, books in odd places....my purse!) I felt fine about it until Monday morning about 2:00. Now as I study the practice test, I can't figure out how I got the right answers. In the reading comp., I can't figure out how their answers are right when I think it is an opinion.....OH!!!! I am taking the test with two great co workers. I want us all to pass with flying colors, so I am worried about them also.
We are all in the same state. Michelle told me that her husband had given her a blessing on Sunday night. I was waiting until closer to the test. Our other friend joked about coming to our houses for a blessing. I hope she was joking and that a blessing is available to her. Both our husbands would be glad to help her out if it isn't.
As Steve blessed me last night, my fears were calmed. I know Heavenly Father is mindful of me, of all of us. I am still a little jittery today, but I figure that is Satan trying to make me doubt. I will be spending today relaxing and studying and hopefully by 4:00 this afternoon, relief will flood over me and I will be able to keep my job.
We hae been priviledged to have the missionaries teaching discussions in our home. This has given me an opportunity to reflect on the preisthood and it's authority. We are so blessed. I am so blessed.

4 comments:

Stecky said...

I passed!!!! I get to keep my job!!! I am relieved!!! (Now I am waiting to see if my friends passed. I have prayed so hard for them also.

Lesley said...

I didn't know anything about this test until after we spoke on the phone today (Steve told me), now I understand what you meant when you said you'd be fine in an hour. I'm so glad you passed... I had no doubt that you would. I hope your friends did too :)

Stephanie said...

Way to go Mom! I knew you would do great!

Grandma Hulse said...

You should have called me because I was sure you would pass your test with no problems and would have assured you. Becky, your Father and I love you and cherish your greatness of heart.