Monday, November 7, 2011

Scriptures

I was going to write something else, but scriptures popped into my mind. And I am very grateful for scriptures. I read Elder Scott's conference talk this morning before reading the Book of Mormon. We are going to study this talk for FHE tonight. But back to gratitude. I have had so many revelations in my life while reading the scriptures. When I have a problem and have prayed and tried to feel an answer, many times while I read the answer is just there in my mind. I can truly say that anything good about me has been fashioned by scripture study. From the first time that I completed the Book of Mormon, I have never stopped reading it. I don't say that to brag. I say that because I need that much help. I have learned to love others, forgive big offenses, parent with love, give service and many more things from my study. I hope I am starting to emulate these things and become a more Celestial person. That is my goal. Elder Scoot suggested that we memorize scriptures. I am committing to engrave more verses on my heart. I am thankful that the scriptures are so available to me. On paper pages or electronic screen, they are full of wisdom and inspiration. How blessed is that?

1 comment:

Lesley said...

You always say and do the right things... you have inspired me with scriptures before, and now you've done it again. Thanks for sharing :)