Friday, November 8, 2013

Counting Those Blessings

So I cried all night last night. I felt very overwhelmed by life. We are always just about $200.00 dollars short and then have unexpected emergencies. I have not been on a proper grocery shopping trip for two months. My microwave is frtizy, my oven is fritzy. I have a hugely unorganized home and yard. I don't have a calling right now and am not sure I could handle one. I want to help others but feel tired and energy-less. I am sick with a cold and my husband is on the night shift. (Plus I have been cheating and not eating right)
   So I sobbed my heart out to my sweetheart via phone and my Father via prayer. I got the impression to clean my room and count my blessings.
While cleaning I found a bill that needed to be paid yesterday and was able to execute that. Now my blessings.....they are many.
    I am married to Superman! He is working so hard to provide for me and fixing everything he possibly can.He gives me back rubs every night. We have amazing beautiful children, who married amazing people and produced these fun beautiful grandchildren for me.
    I slept in a comfortable bed and was cozy all night. I had medicine to help me through the night with my bad cold. I had  a long cozy bath with a good book last night. We still have plenty to eat and the stove top and crockpots to cook with. I have so much beauty all around my yard...even as it prepares for a dormant period. We are not facing losing all we own and will somehow be able to figure out our finances. I have a job that I love. I have wonderful family and friends and opportunities to be with and serve those I love.
  I have the scriptures, old and new, available to me in many forms. They are so comforting. They teach me so much. I can feel my Father in Heaven so close as I read and study. He loves. His promises are my happiness. I will keep trying everyday to become what He wants me to be. 
These blessings are just the tip of the ice berg.  Looking for the good things in life really does help me feel better:)

1 comment:

Lesley said...

You are the best Becky. Thank you for inspiring me.