Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Ticket to Everywhere

I spent last night cleaning out my library. It was a lot of dusty fun. I am trying to fit two rooms full of books into one half of a wall. As I was weeding my collection, I came across such treasures. Secret Garden, The Great Brain, C.S Lewis, John Grisham, Norah Lofts, Victoria Holt.....and on and on. I wished for a comfy chair, a fire, some apple juice and time. It will probably take me a few more days to have the room in tip top shape, but I am so grateful for my treasures. I am grateful that my eyes still work and I have the ability to read. You don't need to be wealthy with lucre for that!
I look forward to reading the following books very soon;(rereading that is)
Secret Garden
How Far to Bethlehem?
The Queens Confession
Alfred Hitchcock stories
etc.
 I also was grateful to be reacquainted with my garden and bird books. They truly are treasures.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I love books, too. I would much rather have a book in my hand than an e-reader.