Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Mighty Change of Heart

Wow! I am so blessed to have been able to attend this Youth Conference. As we gathered at the church on Tuesday morning, I was a little apprehensive because I had been gravely ill the week before. The room was full of excitement as the youth arrived. As we watched the first reenactments, I felt the Spirit wash over me. I knew it was going to be fantastic. I loved the surprise of Alex Boye` walking on stage to sing his song. Over the next few days I will share some of my favorite parts of the conference.
First of all, meet some of the tribe.

They were so fun. We love them all. I will be introducing them in the next few days.

I cried more than I expected I would. My first tearful experience began when we were told that Alma had been found. We went to the "Waters of Mormon". There we reverently watched Alma baptize some of the youth. Chelsea Marsden sang a beautiful rendition of I Believe In Christ. She was joined in a duet by our own tribal daughter, Chelsey Brown.


It was so beautiful. The Spirit was so strong. Carter was one of the youth baptized. I was so touched. "...The waters of Mormon, the forest of Mormon, how beautiful are they to the eyes of them who there came to a knowledge of their Redeemer; yea,and how blessed are they, for they shall sing to his praise forever. " Mosiah 18: 30

I love the Book of Mormon. I have started it again. In the very first chapter it testifies of my Savior.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

This looks like it was a really cool experience. I wish I could have gone! I love the WB stake!