Monday, June 21, 2010

'Lore-ing' The Scouts


Hayden is spending his summer weeks earning money at Camp Tomahawk. He is teaching Indian Lore. We spent last week driving to the Uintahs...three times. We are so glad that he has a bus to ride for the rest of the summer. He already is some kind of legend up there. We are always amazed when we walk into a group of strangers and hear our son's name called with joy. "Hayden's here! I missed you Hayden. Hayden is back" It kind of gives me some pride, but I am happy he makes friends.
Here are some pictures of his 'home', work site and the camp.
Have fun this summer Hayden!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Very impressive! When I was up at day camp, I was so impressed with the teenagers that ran the camp. Hayden would be an exceptional leader-good for him!

Rebekah said...

He makes a handsome mountain man. :) I wish Nate had an interest in scouts...

Stephanie said...

I'm jealous - this makes me miss my days of summer jobs in the mountains. It will be an amazing experience for him.

Lesley said...

What a great summer job/experience for Hayden. I remember when we went to cub country years ago and we saw the scouts working there, I remember thinking how lucky they were to have cool jobs like that. Great opportunities for young men.