Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sons of Helaman



Felicia was able to play the part of a Ammonite mother.


As I watched the stage fill with the young men of our stake, I felt my 'mother heart string' begin to tug. There were strong, handsome, courageous and honorable sons of God standing before me. I looked at the sons of friends and my heart tugged for them also. I know the wonderful mothers in our stake.


They stood with their spears, tapping the ground and singing, "We are as the army of Helaman. We have been taught in our youth..." They are on the right path.


Carter is behind the boy in dark brown.
"Now they never had fought yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. And they rehearsed unto to me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it." Alma 56:47-48

Hayden is the very back guy on the left. Tyler, our tribe son, is 3 guys over from Hayden



Fearsome aren't they?

3 comments:

Terri said...

It's hard to believe that the Haka was not in this scene until a week before. Wendy was truly inspired to include it. The young men loved it and it helped us feel of the power of those young men.
Thanks for posting this.

Tiffany said...

That gave me chills to read and see your photos. What a fabulous event for the youth. Wish I could have been a part of it!

Bonnie and Jim said...

It was an amazing week!! You were a trooper! I know you were not feeling well, but you gave it your all. You did GREAT!!
It was hard not to cry seeing those young men and listening to them sing. The spirit was so strong.