Tuesday, June 24, 2014

BE 2014

Last week our the youth of our stake participated in a Youth Conference. Part of the conference included re-enactments of stories from the Book of Mormon. Carter was chosen to portray Abinadi. On Saturday as a treat for those who were not invited to attend. They performed some of the portrayals again. A re-enactment re-enactment if you will. Carter's group was chosen as one of the featured acts. It was so good. All the actors performed well. It was a sobering and thought provoking scene. I was blessed to be able to see it and to get some good photos.
Loved it!

Noah making a grand entrance. It certainly had style and he looked like one cool guy!

His Priests

Abinadi's first visit before King Noah

Alma listens and learns

Abinadi in prison

Alma pleads for righteousness

They won't listen. They persuade the king to have Abinadi put to death.

Abinadi at the stake. this was to be a type of things to come and indeed there were other deaths by fire.

I always wondered as a youth, why the Lord didn't save Abinadi? As an adult I understand that Abinadi's testimony was sealed with his blood. It still makes me pause and think. Would I be able to die for my testimony. I think I could , but again He didn't ask me to die for Him but to live for Him.  


No comments: