Thursday, June 12, 2014

Another Mile Stone Successfully Passed

      Woohoo! I am finished with the public school system as a mother. I will probably feel a need to report my feelings again in the Fall when I feel the impact greater. It is something I have been looking forward to for a very long time. I always felt like I was tossing my children to the wolves every Autumn. I am grateful for they learned in the school system, but I am so happy to not have to deal with 'those people' anymore. (Please don't point out that I am one of 'those people")
      I really don't like High School graduation ceremonies. They are usually long and boring. Carter's was quite delightful. I sat next to the wife of Carter's math teacher. She told me how she only had two children. One that was graduating and one who had passed away 3 1/2 years before. They had awarded him his diploma posthumously and she had carried his picture across the stage. It was a tender story. We had some very nice conversations.
This year the choir sang. It made for a very entertaining afternoon for me. I got some great pictures of Carter. He even winked at me in one of them!
 
Ready to start. Notice Heather peeking up at us.

Walking

Ahh, the dignitaries.

I can't figure out why he is hugging Sue...I guess he spent some time in the office.

Heather poses.

The wink

Friends

Ward friends. They are pretty close to each other. 

Add you own caption here.


I am very proud of Carter. He is a great person. I do not fear that he is making bad choices. He has good friends and tries to influence people to follow the Savior. What more can I ask?

No comments: