Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wow!

In our Stake Conference, a member of the stake presidency told of how a few weeks ago, he forgot his anniversary. A relative sent a text message wishing him a happy anniversary and in a panic, he went to Lowe's and bought his wife a riding lawn mower. The congregation snickered. The Stake President got up and said it was so good to see the confused looks on the men's faces at that story. I giggled and smiled at Steve. I think our riding lawn mower anniversary was about 10 years ago! The day before was our 34th anniversary. Can you imagine? Thirty four years of happily ever aftering! We bought our gifts together. A new camera!!! and a new Weed Whacker!!!
We are excited about both. We did ditch the Saturday night meeting. I felt guilty, but loved that Steve commented, " It's my anniversary. I am not going to a meeting." We enjoyed a quiet lovely meal at a Chinese restaurant. and just had a fantastic day. I love you Superman. Thanks for a great anniversary. The following are some of the pictures from the new camera.



(Lesley, does this show the 'pet' better?)

Our little friend - a Bullocks Oriole

Caught one in flight


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Man, you guys are OLD!!!

Love the pictures! I am happy for you. Thanks for being my best parents. I love you guys. I hope I can achieve what you have. :)