Monday, June 17, 2013

Family Reunion Part One- No divorce yet!

We survived the reunion. It was hectic, hot, hilarious and heavenly. I had threatened to divorce the Johnsons this week and the Hulses next week, but I think I will keep them. Steve and Mark spent hours preparing the rib and brisket feast. It was fantastic. I am suggesting that Steve start a Gentleman's Smoking Club in the neighborhood. Thanks to Ron and Rick for getting him started.
The aftermath...sorry I should have taken a photo of the delicious ribs. 

Marinda's face artistry was the best.

The master at work.

Love the butterflies...

Should have snapped some of the super heroes...but honestly, I hate being the 'hostess'.

The pits....should have bought more stuff to dig for....the kids loved the sawdust.

Barnyard croquet. A great game, but I was worried because little boys think  it is golf. I was worried about windows, cars, passing pedestrians etc. so it was short lived. Tomorrow? the guests.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That was a fun reunion! I am glad I came.

Can you email me that picture of Emma and I? I never have pictures of me and the kids....probably because I am the only one taking the pictures.

Love you. Love that you haven't divorced us all. But if you do, I will go for full custody of your backyard....and maybe partial custody of your bike. I love your bike.