Sunday, September 20, 2009

My boy, Jeremiah


I remember the excitement I felt when Jeremiah was born. He is my second child, but my first born son. He is a handsome boy. (I like his bare face better than the hairy one, but I love him all the same). He has always been the kind of person, who gives great service. There is a dear sister that lives a few doors away. She told me she still misses Jeremiah, because he always checked on her and helped her in her yard. Jeremiah works as a printer. He is an excellant father to two of my precious grandchildren. Jeremiah also gave us our first grandchild. We are amazed at this fantastic family. Marian is a loving daughter in law. She is good to her husband and devoted to Cory and Isabelle. I just wished they lived closer to us. They live in the dark and dreary wilderness of Salt Lake City. I love to see my Cory and hear him calling me,"Grammy Jo, guess what?" Or talking to me on the phone. I still remember the phone call with a sobbing Cory telling me that he needed to come to my house. Isabelle can melt me with her smiles. She wants to make Poppie feel good so she hangs around him, but when she smiles at me, I know we are buddies.
The Johnson family loves football, dancing and w
e hope hanging around us. I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

What a beautiful family. I have tons of memories of Jeremiah, but the one I will always think of is when you said, "who put a quarter in the baby?" and Jeremiah called from another room, "it's mine!" And of course another favorite is when some "mean kids" broke his egg. LOL. Marian is a good mommy, you can see how well she takes care of them andthat she loves them. I want to keep that cute little Cory and Isabelle is such a little beauty. What blessings!!

Bonnie and Jim said...

What beautiful children. I was visit teaching last week when Sister Smith talked about how Jeremiah would always come and help clean up her yard. She misses him. What a good son. Son's are very special if you ask me.

Stephanie said...

I remember when he rode his motorcycle and got really bad road rash. I remember working with him at Leger's Deli. I remember being jealous of his blocks and hot wheels when I was younger. He was a good friend when I was in high school. :)

Thanks for posting about Jeremiah! You really did a great job highlighting his wonderful qualities. He is a great guy!