Sunday, September 13, 2009

Love Those Lamberts

I have decided to honor each of the darling children that were sent to teach me celestial lessons. I will start with the one that had the hardest assignment. Stephanie. She has always been the calm "I can take care of my mother" child.She is talented, smart and who we call when someone is sick or injured. She is an incredible nurse, working with tiny little bodies that were too anxious to get on with life. She is serving in the Primary Presidency in her ward. She is married to a super fantastic man-Richard. We have been so blessed to welcome him to our family. Richard is a great brother-in-law to Hayden and Carter. He invites them over for sleepovers to play Guitar Hero, etc. all night. He will never know how much we love him.
Stephanie and Rich are the perfect parents of Alaina Grace. Shown here on her blessing day. What a beautiful gift the day she came into my life.

Alaina is my oldest granddaughter. I am loving being her Grammy. She loves to be at my house. She knows where all the good 'toys' are and keeps us laughing with her sayings and antics. WE love when the Lamberts visit. They are such good sports and join in all our crazy ideas for fun. They were the first to hear the cougar scream on our campout, play a mean game of badmiton, ride bikes to come visit, and are pretty much perfect ...well maybe they leave too soon and don't come over quite often enough, but we know they have busy lives also.

When I am feeling down, I have learned that counting my blessings and practicing gratitude (it's a verb!) always helps me back to a happy life. The Lamberts are always on my special list of blessings! Next week we meet the Super Johnsons.

5 comments:

adrienne said...

I'm so excited to get to know a little about your older kids!

Stecky said...

Thanks Adrienne! I think they are pretty special, in spite of my blundering attempts at parenting. They are treasures.

Lesley said...

I love the Lamberts!! Stephanie is an amazing person. She has such a beautiful smile and always makes me feel so good when I see her. She is a very choice person and I feel privilaged to associate with her. Alaina is such a cutie and smart too, I have to remember to watch what I say when Alaina is around. I loved Rich's recent post about planting a tree. It was so clever and funny. You are truly blessed. Thanks for always making me feel like I'm a part of your family.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the sweet post and the sweet comments. I needed this today.

Marinda said...

Sorry I'm posting so late. I don't get around to reading the blogs very often. But I just wanted to post that I'm happy that Steph is my sister. She is so creative, witty, and thoughtful. She can remember things about people way better than I can and I'm sure that comes in handy for her. Love you Steph.