Tuesday, November 11, 2008

To All The Johnson Children


To all my darling children that are planning on coming for Thanksgiving. I need a head count to arrange for seating. I also have had inquiries about the menu and offers of help. Here is what we usually have:
Turkey (ordered the biggest I can get!)
Rolls- Stephanie generously offered to bring these
Mashed Potatoes- Superman will make these
Frozen Salad
Raspberry Salad
Relish Tray with Deviled Eggs
Cheese Ball With Crackers
Shrimp Dip with Chips
A vegetable- Either Green Bean Casserole or canned corn
Celery Casserole- I use this in place of dressing which I would be the only one eating anyway.
Yams????- Shall we try them this year?
And lots of pies....for Grandma's house although we are selfish and keep the best ones at our house. I plan to make:
Pumpkin
Cherry Almond Mousse
French Silk
Pecan Chocolate Chip
I am still thinking about the rest. If you want to bring something, just leave a comment. Morgan has offered to help with the table decorations. We might not do the M&M Turkeys unless there is an uprising. I am borrowing a children's table for the little ones.
By the way, I have the greatest children in the world and I don't care who knows it. They are my treasure and I love being with them, I wonder if they know that? I also am trying to be a more hugging person. Help me?

5 comments:

heather said...

That made me hungry reading the menu! Thanks for your kindness.

LaceyLindysay said...

I'm so so so so so excited for Thnanksgiving!! I can't wait to see our family again. I haven't seen you since my birthday, and I miss you so much. Hooray for holidays!

Stephanie said...

I will also bring some stuffing - the good kind. Stovetop.

Marinda said...

Since I don't know how to make most of the things you have planned for the menu, I will bring the canned corn. Also, what time is this going to be?

Morgan said...

Kenny has requested that I bring a salad. So I'm bringing a green salad and also the deviled eggs and relish tray. And I also need to know what time we are eating.