Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Warrior in the House

   Carter had very specific ideas on his tribal wear for the upcoming Youth Conference named Be2014. He wanted a Captain Moroni look. There was a stake fashion show last night. He wanted a battle skirt. We rushed to the fabric store after school. I felt like his happiness angels were watching over him. My lesson canceled and I had told the director of the meeting that was changed suddenly to yesterday that I couldn't make it. We found some great leather like vinyl. Then we rushed to make the skirt. It turned out alright for being my design. I loved his poses. He looked terrific. He doesn't know that in my eyes, he is already a warrior. He is very heavily armed and protected. I still worry about the enemy, but I know he will conquer. With Hayden preparing to leave in June and Carter filling out his papers, I am entering a new phase of life. I thought it was what I wanted, but I am feeling very 'leaky' these days. Hayden's (and our) dear friend left for the MTC yesterday. I leaked all day. I could leak very easily right now! I could leak looking at Captain Moroni here. How do you stop the leaks?





3 comments:

LaceyLindysay said...

It sure looks better on him than the loin cloth did... Way to go Carter and Mom!

Stephanie said...

Oh, this is totally epic. He looks awesome! Way to go mom!

Grandma Hulse said...

You're a genius! Those children of yours are soooo blessed! I hope they know it.