Monday, February 24, 2014

An Answer to Prayers

This past fall a life event that I had been dreading came to pass. I was released from the Young Women's program. I knew that day was coming when I was called 6 years previously. I cherished every moment and was sad thinking about the day of release. At Girl's camp this past summer, during one of my many spiritual moments, I recommitted to my Heavenly Father that I would "be what He wants me to be." I felt the words in my heart. "This is not where I need you now." I felt peace on one hand but dread on the other. Where was I headed? I even prayed about my future just before I was released during the Women's Broadcast. I felt such a sweet feeling and the impression that I was needed for a very important work. Then the release came. I speculated that I would be snatched to the Primary as I had heard many rumors already. I thought I would be called to the nursery and though it wasn't my first choice, I could handle that. I have enjoyed Cub Scouts in the past and would have fit right in there also. My biggest dread was being a primary teacher. When I was visiting with a member of the bishopric and he asked me to be a teacher, I threw my shoulders back, inhaled and accepted. In my heart I kept chanting, "Please not the 4 year olds, please not the four year  olds...." It was the 4 year olds. I really struggled with my  heart and finally knelt and asked for help. I knew that the calling I was given was important and special to Heavenly Father and He wanted me to give it my best. I told Him that I wanted my heart to be in the right place but it just wasn't. Could He help me make the adjustment?
   My first week, I approached the row for the class. The other teacher wasn't there yet. I tentatively sat down and was flooded by beautiful girls and handsome boys. They welcomed me so sweetly. I was in love with them within 10 seconds. It continues. We moved up with them and are now the CTR 5 class. We do crazy things, some of which are not exactly what everyone else does, but I can share my testimony with them and my partner. I can truly say I love my calling.

I love these kids

Sometimes we dress up.

My partner in this adventure

We love having outside help.




No comments: