Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Hair Raising Tale

This week, I am exploring Genre in the library with the students. To tone it down for the 1st and 2nd graders, I just concentrated on Fiction vs. Non Fiction. To illustrate the difference, I told two tales to them. One cold hard facts about trains. No story involved at all. The other I made a little more interesting. I told them how I was running late for work and only had 5 minutes to get to school. I go outside and my car won't start! I start to run down the street and lift my arms in the air and I start to fly! I fly over the houses and between trees...you get it right? Yesterday, a 2nd grader blurts out......

"Is that why your hair looks so awful"

It made my day. I guess I won't be using hot rollers on Wednesdays again!

4 comments:

Morgan said...

I love it!!! I can't stop laughing. Kids are so funny and always surprising.

Rebekah said...

Thanks for the laugh!

Tiffany said...

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

Tiffany said...

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!