Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Temperature Check

  What a crazy summer I have had! I was stating to think that feeling crazy was my new normal. But as I am hanging around my totally inadequate kitchen preserving food, I realize that I have a great life. I was priviledged to have two of my daughters stay with me for a while this summer. I loved the bonding time with 4 of my adorable grandsons. I welcomed grandbaby number nine while Marinda and her family were camping out with us during a house switching. I am totally in love with baby Dallix. Even though my house is not the style I would like for my dream house- I love this house. It has been very good to me. This past week, I have been blessed to can and freeze peaches, thanks to my good neighbors, the Barkers. I spent yesterday making salsa and canning tomatoes for the winter. Today was the first day of school. I am feeling more comfortable in my new job. I made library cards for the younger grades and finished up my last bulletin board. It turned out so cute! I found out that it was my board to create last Thursday. (Side note...I hate making bulletin boards, infact I left up the former librarians boards last year!) I hurried and hung some cute fabric from my collection, framed it and hoped that KG, an exceptionally talented artist I know, would have pity on me..He did. My theme is pirates and KG  drew me a protrait of Captain Jack Mustang. It is gorgeous.
  Tonight I am making Marinara sauce for the coming year. It smells so yummy and I love that some of the herbs are fresh from my own yard. Speaking of yards, I am finally getting ideas of how to re design the  backyard after the oil company destroyed it. We are fianlly getting eggs from the new chickens. They are gorgeous. We have a newly discovered rooster. He is a silver laced wyndotte.
I have named him Chester and we want to keep him. He is just starting to beome a man and I heard him this morning practicing his scales.
I am going to start teaching piano lessons again to supplement our income. I am blessed to have this talent to fall back on. Spread the word.
Life is pretty doggone good.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

You are wonderful!!!

Paula said...

You amaze me with all the wonderful things you do with your life!

Marinda said...

I'm glad you liked us living with you. How much for the lessons?

Marinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.