Friday, December 9, 2011

How Ever Fair Thy Branches

This is my tag to my loved ones. Take pictures of your Christmas tree....share it with us. I used to save my change all year to purchase our tree. (We are die hards that love the smell, variety and mess of a live tree...or real). I thought I needed $40.00 or $50.00 to purchase the 'just right' tree. I wised up last year. My friend, Brenda, told me how all her family meets at Clem's for their annual Christmas Tree outing. $1.50 a foot. We have started doing that. This years tree cost $10.00. I used to think the Clem's trees were too skimpy, but I have discovered they are perfect for showing off the ornament collection. Our tree's 'theme' is unusual. I have collected angels, glass and delicate ornaments. Steve has collected moose. So I embraced the theme. Each year I give Steve a new moose ornament. Lesley gave me my new angel this year. I also got a new bird ornament (Sorry Lesley!) and a gold crazy looking thing. Thanks to Carter for helping me choose. I do love those trees. I can't wait to see yours.










The grand tree





In soft light










My bird









My thingy






My angel!




Steve's new moose







Steve's favorite moose...a backpacking mountainy type moose

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh man--don't tell Mike about the $1.50 a foot at Clems. He just about had to give our first-born for our tree this year. He wasn't very happy. Your tree looks beautiful!

Grandma Hulse said...

I have to get a new card thingy for my camera and someone to show me how to put it on the blog. I feel very stupid, but I didn't spend any time in the spirit world learning advsnced technology like you guys did! So there! And to add insult to injury, my word was preckl.

Uncle Brian said...

That tree looks awesome! I'll post a pic of our tree in a bit.

Uncle Brian said...

You'll have to go to Hulse Haven to see our tree ... I couldn't get it to post here for some reason.

Lesley said...

I love your tree!! I will post a picture of my tree... asap (I'm a little behind on reading blogs). I am doing a post about Ashleigh's tree on her blog as well.