Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ouch!!

I have not had a terrific week. An interesting one, but I am glad it's almost over. On Monday, I had another experience that has made me 'first grader shy'. If you want to know...come see me. Then on Tuesday, I was running out my back door to give my neighbor her 'late' birthday gift. I planned to pick up Hayden from Marinda's tutoring school after that. (thanks Marinda!) I was wearing my stupid clumsy shoes and holding the gift. Out the door I ran and tangled my feet in Bianca's rope. I stumbled and stumbled for what seemed like forever, my heart leaping to my throat. I didn't want to drop the gift and save myself because I worked hard on that gift. (I swear this happened in slow motion.) Finally, I can tell I am not going to remain upright under any circumstances, so I throw the gift to the safest spot I can think of (under stress). Then I bit the dust. Literally. Bit the dust. It was gross. My head banged hard into the ground and my knees started screaming about the injustice done to them. I choked out Carter's name as I thought I could hear him. He and Paul sauntered over. When they saw me, they sprang into action. I told Carter I needed the gift delivered and I needed Dad. ...He delivered the gift and then got Steve. Paul stayed by my side asking,"Are you alright Mom? We need to fix that so it isn't dangerous." I am bleeding from my mouth (which was still full of dirt). I kept saying I was okay, but I really wanted Steve to help me in the house and start crying. Which I did. Steve cleaned the wounds with Hydrogen Peroxide....that burns...I really started crying..sorry kids for any time I might have used that on you. I had a hematoma on my forehead. (Just a huge bruise now), a scrape that goes from my fore head to my chin, a huge fat lip that feels like it will open up if I laugh,and my lips feel like they are peeling off. And prayers are a little tricky. Wednesday, Ethan and his family came to visit. He was a little shocked. I started joking that a kiss would make me better. Then I started chatting with his mom. A few minutes later, he asked me to pick him up and he gently kissed my face to make it better. What a guy! Alaina also saw me Wednesday morning. She was fine. She knew Grammy would still be the same. I am thankful I didn't break an arm or teeth. I am grateful for my loving family. I am grateful for grand children's kisses. I hope for a brighter next week.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Oh Becky...that sounds like a horrible experience:-( I'm glad you are okay. Aren't grandkids the best? That is a cute story about Ethan. I've got to hear you first-grade story though. Love ya.

adrienne said...

I'm so sorry!!! I hope you are feeling better.

Tiffany said...

Oh dear-I am so sorry you fell. My mom fell down once when I was a kid and my whole family was walking down the street-it was quite the spill-my dad didn't notice she went down until he was a couple of steps ahead, looked back and asked, "What are you doing down there?" So-at least Steve was a gentleman and helped you out...

Lilian said...

Oh Man Becky! That really bites! (no pun intended). I hope you are feeling better and I'm glad it didn't end up being more serious.

Bonnie and Jim said...

You are looking much better. I know there are wounds we can't see. I'm glad you're ok. Don't you just hate that slow motion feeling? When I fell on my bike in the driveway I was so embarrassed I hopped to my feet so quickly, but the tears still came. It's good to know we have some talents in common. Love ya!