Sunday, November 29, 2009

Deck the Halls

I have been working on enjoying the Christmas season. I have decked my halls, Lacey's halls and am working on decking the halls at school. Marinda helped me put a tree in the music room. I still need to find some music themed ornaments for it. I am putting up a tree in the science room window tomorrow. The food drive will also kick off tomorrow. I am in a busy groove. My goal was to learn to love Christmas this year....but I feel the old dread sneaking in on me. I love the gift we were given and reminded of at Christmas time. It's just the worlds sense of gluttony that I am sick of. To combat that, I plan to sing (as soon as I recover from this cold), bake, listen to music, enjoy concerts, enjoy parties and love the people in my life. Will that be enough to make the season bright?

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I hope your season is bright and joyful. I also hope you know you are one of my favorite people...

Stephanie said...

Mom, I thought of you when I saw this page. Check it out.


http://blissfullydomestic.com/2009/when-the-holidays-are-hard