Saturday, October 31, 2009

Carter McKay


Carter on the fifty miler last summer.
I remember the night before Carter was born. I cherished our last few hours alone together. Then the wild ride began! Carter had a dramatic entrance into the world. He has loved being on stage since. Carter is the life of the party. I am so proud of him. He is talented in music, although he keeps it quiet. When I can get him to sing, he has a beautiful voice. He is working hard to improve himself and his grades. Sometimes he is the only one around to keep me company. He is so creative. He can take someone else's junk and create something out of it.
Our favorite story about Carter: When I was in the Primary presidency, Carter had a hard time keeping his little body on those hard molded chairs. Many weeks, I would sit at the front, pointing at him and with a hoarse whisper, command him to arise and sit. One day, the song lady, told all the children she was looking for reverant children to help. Hayden was the first child chosen. He did a fantastic job of holding the picture and as he returned to his seat, Sunbeam Carter stuck his thumbs in the air and proclaimed loudly. "Way to go Hayden, Now you can be baaaad." I was horrified at the moment, but still chuckle when I think of it.
Carter is my baby boy . What a hard place to be. Never having seniority enough to 'battle' his way into shotgun. Having a myriad of parents. Always picked on. But Carter is the person all the grandchildren search out when they come to play. His name is one of the first we hear. He is always ready to play with them.

Carter loves to paintball.

Carter loves to do pull ups on my doorjambs!!! I had allocated one doorjamb he can pull himself up on, but he keeps forgetting. One of these times we will be replacing the trim. He also has double jointed shoulders. Creepy! I don't know if that is going to be helpful in wrestling or not! Carter is also a wrestler. You have to when you have an older brother picking on you.
Carter loves going to scouts and his leaders. He can often be found at his leaders homes scrounging food from them. He recently was elected to Order of the Arrow and in enjoying that. (See a more recent post.)
I appreciate his spirituality and kindness to others. He is helpful and tries to be friends with everyone. As I listen to the boys talk, (Yes, I eavesdrop!) I hear them put each other down. Carter is usually the one trying to make peace.
The earth is a much better place with Carter on it.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Ohhhh....I love that Carter. I almost got to see him arrive in this world but, he had to be dramatic and be in charge :-) Carter is growing up quite nicely. A couple of months ago after we did a service scavenger hunt for YM/YW; Carter showed up at my house the next day with a couple of bags of microwave popcorn, he said that he was on a service scavenger hunt and did I want to do a service for him and pop his popcorn in my microwave. He's so funny (and clever). I can't wait to hear him sing at the Christmas party.