Friday, October 16, 2009

Long Live The Queen

Lacey with some of her nieces and nephews on her birthday

As I was expecting my 5th child, I hoped with all my heart it was a girl. I don't know why. I already had three fantastic girls. I should have been hoping for a brother for Jeremiah, but I wanted another little princess. I was rewarded with another sweet daughter. We couldn't choose a name for her. Finally we decided on Melissa June. Melissa after a distant Johnson grandmother and June after a favorite aunt of mine. As we brought our treasure home, we realized my brother's new stepdaughter was named Melissa. I decided we needed a nickname. The kids tried Lizzie...I didn't like it. I came up with Lacey. It stuck! Lacey became the Queen of the House. She even told Morgan that one day. "I am the Queen of this house, Morgan!" May I say, her reign has been superb. She is such a great person. She takes good care of her parents. She is a driven person, graduating with a 4.0 from high school She paid for her college with her hard work. I don't know if she is a 'True Aggie" or not. (Don't want to know that!) But she is probably the most loyal Aggie they will ever find. She has the greatest room mates ever. I am grateful to them for watching over my baby girl. Lacey is a talented swing dancer, recently dancing with the 'A' team. She has a beautiful voice which I miss so much. I love to sing with her. She also gives a terrific foot rub. The family lines up at parties for a little attention Lacey on our family camping trip...hey, it could have been a bathroom picture!

from Lacey. She is talented in the domestic arts...sewing, cooking stuff like that. She was the president of the FCCLA her senior year. (I think I have the right initials.) It was a group of talented seamstresses, chefs, etc.
Lacey loves her nieces and nephews. Thanks to the siblings for bringing them to visit when she is home.
She is such a great friend to me. It has been really hard to have her leave for school. The house is empty with the queen away! Lacey on her Senior Choir trip. What a cutie!

4 comments:

adrienne said...

How fun to have a fellow Aggie in the neighborhood! I'm not a "true Aggie", but I'm married to one.

Morgan said...

Why is she wearing Colton's bib? I miss her while she is at school. Hopefully one of these times she comes home for a break she will want to have a sleep over at my house.

Lesley said...

I hope Lacey had a wonderful birthday!! I thought about her on her day and wondered if she had been "counting down" like she usually does. I can still remember the very first time I saw her. She was so beautiful and you were so happy. She has always been such a great friend and example to Caitlin and I appreciate that so much. She is so talented in sewing and singing. I miss seeing Lacey. But am very "happy of her" for her accomplishments in her schooling. Love you Lacey.

Marinda said...

What can I say about Lacey? She is so smart and talented. I'm glad that she's my sister.