Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sliding Down the Scale

I just finished my first two music classes...... In the first grade class, things went well. I taught them my rules and went over procedures. Then we learned the Muppets song with altered words to introduce the music class. There are a couple of boys that I am going to have to establish my authority with hard and fast, but things went pretty well. Then I showed them my camp song book and taught them ' I'm a Little Ol' Piece of Tin'. It was fun. Their teacher came in. I stood to get the toys that I had confiscated from two students and promply stood on the 'Flaming Marshamallow' and slid rapidly to the ground......I hurt! My elbow and wrist are hurting and now my back....worst of all, can I maintain discipline in that class now? Help me make it through the rest of the day....I am going to the office for some sympathy.

4 comments:

Bonnie and Jim said...

At least it wasn't the 6th grade. You can come to the office anytime. I have chocolate now.

Tiffany said...

Oh Becky, you poor thing. You have my sympathy.

Lesley said...

Oh no....are you okay? That flaming marshmallow, it does it everytime.

Marinda said...

Oh my gosh, that is so sad! It may be hard to maintain discipline, but just keep trying and your dignity will return to you.