Saturday, August 8, 2009

I Miss Steve


It has seemed like a very long week. The positives: my house has remained relatively clean,no chickens have passed on, the temperatures dropped, the cars are still running, no bounced checks...yet, lunch twice with my parents,saw three of my grandchildren this week. The negatives: are they laying under a tree somewhere the victims of a mass lightning strike? one more year of Steve giving his vacation up, trouble sleeping because Steve is gone, no music from Hayden, no hugs from Carter, phone calls and doors from people not remembering they are gone, all the work is mine to do, chickens loved the cucumbers, my heart is lonely,the dang dog barked almost every night (was it the boogey man?), my hobby of worrying has really been exercised.
They get home tonight. I am planning a good dinner for them and bracing myself for all the clutter, stinky boys and no hot water as they relax in the showers.
Whew! I am sure looking forward to tonight!


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Our conversation about worrying the other night, probably made it worse. Mike is up there as I type waiting for them to get off the trail. He took two of my boys with him and even though they've only been gone since 6:30 this morning,I have...worried! Will they get struck by lightening, will Joshua fall in while fishing, what if they do not meet up with the hikers, what if something happens to Mike and the little boys don't know what to do...
I HATE being a worrier!
I'm sure by early evening they'll all be home safe and sound and we will give prayers of gratitude this evening. Love ya!

Lesley said...

Remember the time we went to pick them up from the 50 miler and stopped at Leger's in Park City to get the sandwiches? That was fun...huh!?!
I'm glad that Steve will be home soon for you. Mike left earlier today for Price where he will be playing for the Carbon County Fair tonight (they've made it to the top). I'm just worried about him coming home so late at night (I don't think he'll be home before 1 am).