Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Officially a Teenager...Mutant Ninja Turtle to Follow Later






Carter will be thirteen tomorrow! I still remember the night before he was born. I cherished feeling him moving within me and knowing that the next day it would all be over. Steve and Mike gave me a blessing that evening. I remember in the blessing that the baby would be born healthy and then Steve hesitated for at least 60 seconds...a long time when you are wondering if something is going to go wrong. He blessed me that I would be able to recover from the birth.....long story shortened- emergency C-section with lots of fun stories, but I am glad that my bitty boy arrived safely.
He has been a bundle of fun.
Some favorite stories and one liners:
'Way to go Hayden now you can be baaaaaad" (picture a three year old with thumbs up)
"What are you doing?" "Nothing" (It was usually something)
The 4 year old pictorial, including a self reflection...and the neighbor lady's chest.
Stabbing himself in the foot with the ski pole and the infection that followed, porcupiine quills...infecting
He is still the reigning King of West Bountiful.
Please add any more memories in the comments. Enjoy the pictures...they are only as old as our digital camera...someday I'll scan the good ones.
Happy Birthday Carter!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Carter is one of our favorites. Happy Birthday to him. (PS-As a Mother Favor to another Mother, have you checked out his bathtub in the past 24 hours?!)

Morgan said...

I still say "way to go, now you can be bad" all the time. hehe. One of my favorite memories, and I have lots, is of his diaper burning party we had. When he went up onto the railroad tracks and he wet his pants. LOL!!! Happy Birthday Carter!! I love you!

Lesley said...

I remember being there when he told Hayden that he could be bad. I also remember being there at the diaper burning party. I remember searching the neighborhood for him and he was asleep in Stephanie's room. More recently, he came to my house and said that he was on a service scavanger hunt (the day after the ym/yw), he held up two packages of microwave popcorn and asked if I could pop it for him. I remember I almost got to see his birth until it was a c-section. Carter is awesome and we love him.

Mikes adds that Carter is always willing to help everyone in the ward with projects....

Bonnie and Jim said...

Happy Birthday Carter. Big teen WOW!! Hope you have a great day!!

LaceyLindysay said...

I know it's a few days late, but I remember one time when Hayden and Carter had been fighting. I was in the library with Mom and Carter came in trying to get Hayden in trouble. He came in breathing hard and holding his hip. He asked my mom in a whiny voice... "Mom...What are those?" And my mom went on typing. "They're address labels." I always laugh and joke about it.