Monday, July 20, 2009

Perseid Peeks on August 12




Every August, the Perseid Comet passes close enough to earth to give us a star show. For years now, I have been wanting to enjoy the show. We have spent the evening on Bountiful Peak once. But I need less light pollution and more time to enjoy. We have planned a family camping trip to celebrate. Everyone that is my family...or should have been my family is invited to enjoy the week at Whitney Lake in the Uintahs. It is BLM camping....no established campground...no toilets. We have full week planned. We need a head count. The following activities will require advanced preparation: Shirt painting- please bring a gray T- shirt to paint for each family member. Making bracelets- please bring some of your own beads, clasps etc. I will have a limited amount to share. Campfire singing- we are excited to announce a new edition of the Flaming Marshmallow. I need to know you are coming to get that edition in your hands...please be familiar with as many songs as possible. Please contact me to know what we are doing about meals. I will try and upload some of our pictures from star parties in the past. It will be an "Ex-star-avaganza!!


Lacey was ready for the show


Here was what we really got to see!


We ate dinner on the ground...never my favorite!



I have no idea when this was taken. Does it look familiar to anyone!! I know we had no trees for the last star party and no fire either. Who is that in the chair? Could it be a younger Hayden? Correctly identify the occupant first and get a pat on the back.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

That looks like so much fun. I wish we could go.

Stephanie said...

Mom, the last picture was taken in August 2006. It IS Hayden in the chair! Click on the picture and it will get really big and you can see the date up in the web browser...

Yea! I win!

Stecky said...

get over here and get your pat on the back!!

Bonnie and Jim said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!!! I will be slaving away at work so wish upon a star for me.

Lilian said...

Sounds so cool!