Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Up Up and Away





... and boy was it a beautiful balloon! Meadaowbrook Elementary was blessed to have a hot air balloon visit today. There is a BalloonStampede this weekend at Antelope Island and they came to tell us about the event. They showed the students the math and science needed to pilot a balloon. It was fascinating to see how the balloon was inflated, how they hold it down, how to load passengers and then deflate and pack the balloon. When they asked if I wanted to go up. I said, "Noooooo." But I loved being close and taking pictures. I am glad there are fun moments like this in my job. If you take the Clipper, look for some of the faculty in the balloon!

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

How very cool! I would have said "noooo" too when invited to go up. Because even though we know what goes up must come down, how can you be assured that the down might not be how or when is normal!! Have you checked my latest post??

Lesley said...

I would have said no too, but it looks like fun! I'll watch for the Clipper pics!!

Tiffany said...

No-I didn't announce it in "Good News Minute" and yes, my blog was my way of announcing it-consider yourself one of the first to know.

LaceyLindysay said...

How cool! I am so jealous! I love you!!!!

heather said...

Those are awesome pictures! Have you ever seen the balloon festival in Eden? Keep smiling we all love ya ;)

Bonnie and Jim said...

Great pictures Becky. That was a fun day. Crazy, but fun. It's a joy having you at school. I hear you every once in a while with the students. Did I ever tell you I think you're are a good teacher.

Lesley said...

I just tagged you!

Stephanie said...

Hey, when are you going to update your blog?

Lesley said...

I'm wondering that too :-)