Friday, August 1, 2008

Grand Time for Me!






Grandma was treated to a day with Ethan and Alaina. We couldn't decide which activity was the best- The Zoo or Cherry Hills....so we did both. We enjoyed the zoo in the morning. (Alaina fell asleep just before lunch.) After lunch, we rode on the carousel and then the train. The kids were a little apprehensive about that big machine with the colorful animals. But once it got going and we started squealing, "Wheeee". They joined us. After that, the train was kind of boring.
We went home for naps....did they take one? I sure did.
Then we headed for Cherry Hills. It was fun for Morgan and the dads to join us. We
stayed until closing. The two whales swam merrily in the Lazy River. Alaina enjoyed the "big' slide with her parents and Ethan scoped out the Pirate's Cove and posed for a photo shoot. The two children loved being together. They made raspberries at each other and giggled, floated around together and discovered the joys of chair climbing. It was a grand day for Grandma!

5 comments:

Marinda said...

That was so fun! I can't wait to do something else.

Tiffany said...

How very fun. What a nice grandma-because that sounds like a vvveeerrryyyy loooonnnngggg day! I keep promising my kids an evening at Cherry Hills. I'd better hurry before summer is over!

adrienne said...

I bet grandkids are the best. I left a comment on your memory post, btw.

heather said...

I have some classic pictures of my kids on carousels with the "I'm not so sure" look on their faces. You are quite the trooper! Loved your daughters testimony on Sunday...I am very impressed she was listening to conference while camping.

Lesley said...

I just tagged you...check my blog for instructions :-)