Monday, August 18, 2008

College Bound










Lacey is following a quest for knowledge. I am so proud of her. We helped get her ready with a 'party' to 'shower' her with recipes and college
necessities. Thanks to everyone that helped her out.







We took her to her apartment today. We met two of her room mates and they look very nice. ( I thought the one girl's dad was her boyfriend! He looked so young. I think he was flattered. Or he thinks I am old and blind. )
I stifled sobs all the way home. I tried to explain to the males in the household why I was crying. Hayden couldn't understand. I can't tell him, that the reason he doesn't understand why I have to cry, is the reason I am crying. I am missing that feminine thought process. But I am so proud of my best friend in the house and her achievements. I know she has many wonderful adventures ahead of her. I know my heart will quit pinching me soon. I love her! Make me 'happy' of you Lacey June.
I will email her address to anyone that wants to send her a little card or anything.









Ethan loved the stairs, both inside and outside. He says Lacey's apartment is great!















Lacey's bed is ready for her. Don't worry, she has plenty of blankets.

5 comments:

Bonnie and Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie and Jim said...

We have been thinking about you all day today. Letting your children go is truly one of the hardest things we have to do as parents. You can be proud as a parent. You have raised a beautiful person inside and out. She will do great things.
I'm always around for that womanly thought process if you need.
Hang in there becky,
Love you
p.s. Let's do a swim night this week.

Lesley said...

I thought about you today and hoped all went well. We're all going to miss Lacey, she is such a special girl. She's like a big sister to Caitlin and she's really going to miss her. Keep smiling. You're the best!!
Love ya

heather said...

You are a wonderful mother...I know she'll do great on her own. College was one of the best memories I have in life. I will send her some "flair" or a card on Facebook, that's how I've kept in touch the youth in our old ward. Caitlin was sad yesterday and posted "all of her friends are leaving for college" Jump on there sometime. rebekah, Tiffany, Kathryn and lots of others not born inthe 80s and 90s are there!

Tiffany said...

A Mother's tears...do they ever end? I am at the opposite end of the spectrum as you, but all their milestones are still bittersweet. Love ya-I'm always up for "girl time."