Tuesday, December 31, 2013

More Christmas Memories

Our Charlie Brown tree. It shows off the ornaments, was fresh and the price was right.

Carter sang in the season. sniff sniff. My last show choir child.

The ward party had an interesting visitor.

Hayden, C and T built a snow fort. It reigns supreme.

Construction guy. 

Carter built me a snowman. I was so excited. I hate winter but love snowmen. 

Hayden finished him up for me.

He was all cozy in front of his fire....he passed suddenly in the middle of the night. 

Jeremiah and his family visited for Christmas. They seem happy and contented. 

We met Jeremiah's new fiancee. 

I couldn't resist adding this photo. Especially with the phrase on the sleeve. 

Everyone enjoyed Peppermint Pleaser. A tradition. Big D loved it!

We enjoyed a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Johnson


I do have to say that I am glad Christmas is over. I really don't enjoy it. I have been pondering the reasons and hope to once again love the season. I do love the reason, the music, the family, the lights, etc. It's just so frustrating that my love is equated with how much money I can spend on a gift. I would love Christmas if it  was a rule that you got one gift totally from the heart. Sigh. I am making everyone's Christmas this year. (If I can afford it!)

No comments: