Friday, April 26, 2013

Comparisons

Then


Now

Promises Fulfilled

As I looked at my garden and remembered all the joy it has brought to me, I remembered these pictures commemorating the beginnings. I remember the dreams I had for the little plot at my disposal. I hoped to see color and texture and growth. I remember the failures, the beautiful little plants that couldn't thrive in these conditions. I tried new plants and experimented until I found the treasures that took root and thrived. I remember the help from beloved friends as they shared their treasures and knowledge. I remember the hours spent weeding and plucking out little sprouts that were easy to remove while small but if left unchecked grew to large weeds needing more work and pain to the surrounding plants as I had to dig deep to remove them. The garden has blossomed! I have such peace and joy as I walk through it. I love the hope and lessons it has taught me. I thought of my life, the experiences and lessons I have learned and struggled through. I love my spirit garden also. The Gardener doesn't make mistakes. He is a patient, kind and forgiving teacher. He helps me heal the garden when I have let a weed grow too large. He has surrounded me with angels, both temporal and celestial. He lets me grow at my own pace, but one of the best things....there is no winter. I can grow all the time if I choose!

4 comments:

Paula said...

Becky, you create and spread beauty everywhere you go! Thank you for being you!

Marinda said...

I also love gardening and the joy that you get from hard work. And I love reading in the scriptures when he uses gardening references. Thanks for this post.

Rebekah said...

Beautiful! I'm so jealous. I can't keep anything alive, except kids and that's because they are really independent. :)

Lesley said...

What beautiful comparisons. Love you Becky.