Monday, August 29, 2011

Rising To New Heights






I got to ride in a hot air balloon! Sure it only went up about 600 feet, but I loved it. I was starting to get a little nervous peering over the edge. The pilot asked if I was nervous. I said, "No". He then made the balloon do a quick dive. I screamed. But it was so fun. Maybe I should have done the zip drive at Girl's Camp.













The balloon begins to inflate





Mrs. Magalei and Chief inside the inflating balloon.


It looks so neat inside. this isn't even the hot air yet.



Here comes the hot air. It stands up next and the basket is ready to take you to new heights.





The white speck in the basket is me!





I was kind of crouching down after the balloon dipped. It was so fun. I wonder what it would be like to take a true ride. To soar over the landscape. I think it would be fun....but I might want a parachute just in case!


3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Elizabeth will be so JEALOUS! We are going to the hot air balloon festival in Albequerque in October. I'm very excited.

Lesley said...

Way to go Becky!!!

Stephanie said...

Way to be adventurous mom! I sure want to do something cool like that someday soon!