Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Baby's Back

I had my darling bike stolen from my backyard about a week ago. I have missed it. It was purchased from DI. The right brake is frozen, the tires are bald. It isn't what most people would covet. But I loved it. I have been borrowing other bikes and going to the Rec Center, but it has really dampened my exercising spirits. I had a feeling to ask the West Bountiful Police if they had a place to keep abandoned bikes. I went this morning to ask them about it and report some suspisious activites. The lady at the desk ask me to describe the bike. As I reminised about my old friend, she smiled and said," we have one bike and you described it perfectly" I got me little one back. It is sitting on my patio right now....with a big chain around it. I am praying for sunshine this afternoon. See you on the trail!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I am so happy you got your bike back!! I love the way you describe your feelings for your bike.

Stephanie said...

Hooray! What great news! Was the bike in okay condition?

Rebekah said...

Good for you! Do you wonder why they stole it and then claimed it abandoned?