Saturday, January 2, 2010

Superman's Super Snow Man




I told Steve I wanted a snowman. I love snowmen, a love I share with Ethan. Mu house is decorated in snowmen right now. We also love our snow man dishes. Steve assembled this on his birthday. Carter helped with the general shape then was distracted building a snow fort. I told Steve that I wanted a little fire pit in front of the snowman to put a candle in...it looked great. Steve even found the perfect arms. It was especially cool looking at night. We kept going out to look at him. Ethan had a great time throwing snowballs at him, trying to douse the candle. Carter changed his hat for a World War 2 helmet. But I love my snowman. He is looking very saggy. Hmmm. If you haven't read "Snowmen At Night" by Caralyn and Merk Beuhner, you should make the effort. An interesting story that explains why snowmen look saggy. I usually start looking for spring as soon as Christmas ends, but I am hoping for another good snowstorm. We have ideas for some friends for our little snowman. Any suggestions on what to name him? If you haven't seen him yet, it's probably too late. He's terminal.


There's one good thing about snow, it makes your lawn look as nice as your neighbor's. ~Clyde Moore.

7 comments:

Morgan said...

I love the fire pit idea. Just seeing your snowman makes me want to make one for my front yard. :)

Stephanie said...

I want it to snow again too - we should build a gang of snowmen. Yours is very darling, but he looks lonely to me. His fire would be warmer if he had friends nearby. :)

Stecky said...

We want to give him two friends. Name ideas???

Aimee said...

I LOVE your snowman! For some reason, whenever I see snowmen, I think of the name Walter, so there is my suggestion. That quote is awesome. I hate winter, but I do appreciate being able to hide our mess of a yard under beautiful white snow!

Tiffany said...

What a nice husband! Love the snowman.

Lesley said...

Love the snowman. Love the firepit. Does he have a dutch oven? I don't know what his name should be, but... name the two friends Mike and Les :-) put cards and m&m's in their hands!! White m&m's :-)

PS while reading your blog I was interupted by a phone call from the new RS Pres. from the 3rd ward. Exciting for 3rd ward but sad for the stake YW.

Bonnie and Jim said...

I love your super snow man. You are always so clever. I hope it snow's for you.